Saturday, July 6, 2013

Celebrating Fathers and The Fourth!

Father's Day was our first get together we've had at our new house. It wasn't a huge party or anything, just my parents, sister and brother-in-law. We finally saw how perfect our house is for entertaining and I think our guests loved it too (although, being family they may be a little biased). I thought I'd share a few photos of the celebration! This was my favorite picture of the night:


We were able to use our massive amount of counter space for the first time. We loved getting to spread the food out and make a little buffet. Well, it wasn't a little buffet really. Colin grilled hamburgers and hotdogs and we had a spread of toppings (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, bacon). We also had corn on the cob, grapes, and french fries and my specialty for dessert, Funfetti cupcakes.


We know that we are the luckiest girls in the world to have such a great father. Of course, after Daddy got his present he was thinking he's the luckiest father in the world...


Yep, that's my dad. Only he would be silly and act like he's smoking with his new smoker. We've gotten to enjoy chicken wings and pork chops with his present. Can't wait to see what he cooks up next!! :)

Now, on with the next celebration! We spent all day with family and friends on July 4th and I can't think of a better way to celebrate. We are so grateful for the men and women (and their families) who serve or have served our country. Thank you so much for the sacrifices you make! Our house got a chance to be patriotic with our new flag. :)


We had my parents, sister and brother-in-law, and neighbors over for supper. The neighbors (Mr. Charles helped put up my beadboard) brought two sweet little newborns that they were fostering. So, we got to snuggle with them (the babies, not the neighbors) for a long time. 

Here is my patriotic display on the mantel for July 4th. I love using antiques as decorations and it's even better when I know the story behind the antique. The basket has a quilt made by my great grandma. Also, the little red iron on the left of the mantel was my great grandma's iron that she used for years then turned into a doorstop. Some of my favorite decorations came from her, so guests will find me telling personal stories about most of my antiques. The flag bunting is from Pottery Barn (snagged it on sale the day after July 4th, shhh). 



Here we are posing with our new flag and rockin' our red, white, and blue. We hope you all had a great Father's Day and Fourth of July!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54491/216/13C85667C56022650BA9E094C65C5828.png